Explore the option of adding one of Fortis Green's shoeshine chairs to your foyer or public space. We will partner with you to provide an unparalleled complimentary service for your building residents on a regular, reoccurring basis.
The addition of our shoeshine chair within your organisation will create a positive workplace experience that your patrons will warmly associate with your brand.
Create company loyalty and in turn assist your staff, visitors and associates in putting their best foot forward.
HOW IT WORKS
• Your organisation contracts Fortis Green to provide a regular complimentary shoeshine service
• Fortis Green shoeshine offers a cost effective way for you to provide a luxury perk for your building residents, assisting you increase tenancy retention
• Our footwear knowledge and shoe shining practice is unequalled. We service all varieties of shoes for a clientele of both men and women
• We know your time is important - our service is professional, approachable and efficient with each shine lasting 3-5 mins
• The ‘linger effect’ associated with our service in turn creates positive knock-on effects for any building tenants including retailers and food outlets
• Fortis Green works to your schedule - we offer flexible bump-in and bump out times
• Full public liability insurance coverage to the value of $20,000,000
• Talk to us about possible chair and staff uniform branding options
Collins Square - 707 Collins Street, Melbourne
Residency - Every Tuesday 9am-2pm 2016-2017
Building Tenants - Commonwealth Bank, MLC, KPMG, ATO, Link Group, Australian Department of Foreign Affairs.
Collins Square commissioned Fortis Green in May 2016 to provide an ongoing complimentary shoe shining service. Up to 46,000 people use Collins Square daily, utilising the integrated public space to form one precinct around five commercial towers. Since partnering with Collins Square, the contracted hours per week have increased twice to keep up with demand.
“The best thing about Collins Square is our weekly shoe shine. Always plenty of good conversation, and a mirror shine on your shoe.”
- R. Kimberley (KPMG)